Thursday, January 25, 2007



Christine Jetten, a participant for the brick project, an adminstrator for the local Den Bosch Design University and kindred soul setting with Lydia the kiln # 7 up to fire. This electric kiln has a catalytic converter to burn completely anything odd sort of thing we devise to put into it. Rumor has it that someone put a moped into it – other just toxic foams.

Christine and I found out we both share a passion for De Bono, lateral thinking and creativity when I was out doing “errands” ( an English word new to her) and mentioned an email I received from a great friend, Kimberly Wiefling (who is substitute teaching a class at CCA for me on Leadership, while I finish up my last week of my first stint here at .ekwc) about wearing multiple hats.

See Six Hats of De Bono

http://www.valuebasedmanagement.net/methods_bono_six_thinking_hats.html

01.25.07

Today I am off for a two day R & R break after 21 days here. I will go to Delft (trains leave every 3o minutes, 10 minutes past the hour) Then onto Rotterdam and the NAI where I will read and attend an opening lecture for the exhibition, Night Architecture.

Mostly we work it seems. I have taken a walk or gone on errands into town for essentials, like tooth paste because indeed the tube (this one was only a 2 inch $1 sample) could only be squeezed for three days running after it was “gone”.

No comments: