Thursday, January 25, 2007



Andrea and Marianne came into my studio this morning and we began to review our work so far. Twenty-one days into my stay. My hands and mind have learned and started to practice new skills. Thin 1 mm bone china slabs a little larger than half sheet of A 4, roll out quickly and can be manipulated. I explore how best to tear the edge, do I want the texture of interface .ekwc has provided, can I shake the slab to gain a supple soft draping?

Each day my hands become more familiar and confident. Tonight , Wednesday, I danced with the five rhythms dancing group in Den Bosch. My body moved with the music, fluid like the wind in grasses. Can the clay reflect this kinesthetic knowing expressed so easily? Would this be a thing of beauty to add to the translucency we seek in the panels? Can something so still as a building reflect the influence of rhythm and wind?

No comments: