Sunday, July 1, 2007





June 20th

My Dad died today on the east coast. I will be returning for the memorial service. Not completely unexpected as he was 85 years old. Gave a eulogy at the service.

Linda, a good friend sent me the following, an apt metaphor for life’s cycles.

In the metaphor that we are all drops of water in a river I thought that death is really just an evaporation of one of those drops - the transition from living to not, a simple, peaceful, unexplainable phenomenon, one drop evaporates and is no longer in the river but it is not gone either, it is in transition, maybe to come down as another drop of water in another river in another place.

Sarah keeps up the firing, mixing of more bone china, holds are participants chat and explores a fishing village while I am back east.

Images of our test panels from kiln # 1 - first firing show promising results. We will be exploring lighting. The sunlight gives the best translucency! Any ideas on how to best light the panels.

1 comment:

Linda Sawtelle said...

Again so sorry about your Dad. You are in my thoughts and prayers