Saturday, July 7, 2007

Dedication to Liefde



Riding in the “Brook” where in ancient times the town’s people could flood the wetlands for self-defense, I took a self-portrait while riding. I thank Dallas both for teaching me that is possible, but also for the wonderful transition in my expression, as the second photo is dedicated to his presence in my life.

Found out that Lief - meaning willing in middle English - is also a Dutch word meaning sweet. It can become a verb by adding De making the meaning love. There are poems screened on the second story walls of many buildings in Den Bosch. Near the catherdral, there is one about love, that I should photograph. I've always wanted to screen print words on my walls.

Next supplement to production work, will use the screens I've brought along from SF.

No comments: