Sunday, September 2, 2007

July 30th August 1st - Post Published



Went to open Microsoft Word and hesitated to write a blog entry. But reconsidered, as I realize there are zillions of cultural, artistic germs and details, I will in short order forget.

The photos I take almost daily will remind me – but writing works to keep memory alive. Emails with close friends and family keep the connections open. I sent Leslie –a textile designer an invitation for an open – being held July 31st; and never noticed it was for a NYC gallery.

Informal Discussions are Fertilizer:

Hela (her folding bicycle is 40 years old and called a gazelle) came into our studio, a new part time assistant – on Tuesday to inquire about our work. She stayed the better part of an hour – exchanging conversation. We talk of art – then arrived at the question – What is art? Close to the question I shared in Amsterdam at the gallery Binnen – What is beauty?

I remain committed to defining what I call universal concepts. Yet, I discover along the journey each individual frames concepts biased on their personal lenses.

Talked about luminosity with Jacob – after his participant chat. I wrote/sketched two pages of notes I hope use as stimuli for future explorations. When discussing the chat with Sarah later, she observes Jacob is a blend of inventor, artist and designer.

No comments: